Sunday, October 18, 2009

State Fair of Virginia 2009

Camden's reaction while watching....



this. Daddy loves this kind of stuff so we all had to stand here and watch for a few minutes. Mykenzi, while she likes a lot of sports, did not care at all for these outdoor games. I told her Daddy and the boys will like a lot of things we don't necessarily like, but that we should try to enjoy the things they like too, after all, we are outnumbered now.


The goats are always a highlight of the fair for us.







Can't go to the fair without enjoying a typical fair lunch, and for us that's corn dogs. The kids, however, chose a grilled cheese sandwich.


For lunch we sat at the back of this tent, and the kids enjoyed watching a man on a big piece of machinery moving rocks around.


Camden loved this!


Cohen at the fair, just rode and slept in the stroller. He occasionally came out if he wanted to be put to sleep, or got tired of sitting in his seat and then enjoyed looking around at everything. I love that you can see his one dimple in this picture. He just has the one dimple, and I love it!


Once the kids hit the rides, which we did after the animals, that's all they wanted to do. We were at the fair from the morning until 8:00 that night. Camden fell asleep on the walk back to the car.



Mykenzi is always talking! Believe it or not (some may not), I was quite the talker, and Jonmark says I still am. Anyway, I remember my parents always asking me if I stopped to take a breath when I talked, they called me motor mouth, and often asked if my mouth hurt. Now I know how they felt because this child talks nonstop all.day.long. about anything and everything, and asks questions about every single thing she sees or hears.


They both prefer rides with more action. Camden, now just at 36 inches, barely, was able to ride a lot of the fun rides with Mykenzi, but she was also able to ride a few of the bigger kid rides. One time I took her on a ride that Camden couldn't ride, and Jonmark said it just broke his heart and he cried and cried. By the time we got off, he was okay, but it must be hard not being able to do everything she can do.


Camden will ride a train of any kind. Just like his Daddy when he was little, Camden loves choo choos!

No comments: