Over Labor Day weekend (yes, I know this is Columbus Day....I'm just that behind in updating the blog) we decided to go to the National Aquarium in Baltimore since Camden hadn't ever been. We haven't been since
Mykenzi's 2
nd birthday, and we would have taken Camden on his 2
nd birthday, but I was just way too pregnant for that. I'm glad we waited because I was able to enjoy watching Camden get so excited about everything and Cohen even enjoyed looking around at everything.
Mykenzi had a great time too, but she really steps up to the big sister role when we do something new with Camden (even though she hasn't been in 3 years, she remembers it like it was yesterday, as she does everything that ever happens), and she gets into showing him everything.


Of course our kids would try to use these tubes of bubbling water as firemen poles and slide down them. They were so excited to be at the aquarium that they acted like they've never been in public before.

They just love fish! The bigger the fish (or turtles or sting ray or whatever is in the tank), the louder they are!

Wow, she's getting so big! We have pictures of her and I riding on there when we went there for her 2
nd birthday, and it's just amazing how much she's grown (though she hasn't put on much weight at all no matter how much she eats, I miss those days!). Her hair has gotten so long too!

Cohen looked up in amazement all through the aquarium, staying awake for just about the entire time we were there.

Mykenzi was trying to show me how big the fish was that just swam by.

I love my
girly!

Waiting for the dolphin show to start.
Mykenzi loves the dolphin show!

This is where Cohen got mad because I was sitting down, so I walked all along the back up at the top and watched the show and
Mykenzi and Camden's reactions from there.
***
Jonmark got us tickets to watch a 4D show at the aquarium, and I'd never been to a 3D or 4D show so I was looking forward to it. Since we didn't have the car seat with us (can't take a stroller through the aquarium) I tried to keep Cohen in the Snugli on me for the show. Less than 20 seconds into the beginning of the show I had just gotten my glasses on and watched a dolphin jump up into the air (it was pretty cool seeing that in 3D and up so close), and when the dolphin landed in the water the 4D feature kicked in and Cohen and I were sprayed in the face with water. Poor Cohen, I had no idea that would happen (Jonmark suspected we'd get sprayed at some point since it was 4D), and of course he started screaming so I had to walk out. Let me just say, I'm so glad that I did because at one point in the show there were rats running around and there was a little thin wire hanging from every seat that blew air out of it and flipped and swung all around to make you think the rats were running under your feet.....no thank you! The kids didn't last after that either, so Jonmark and the kids met me out in the hall a few minutes before the show was supposed to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment