We woke up this morning to the beautiful site of snow falling! How exciting! I knew they were calling for some sort of winter precipitation (we always seem to fall on the line of snow, sleet/freezing rain, or just plain rain, so you never know around here), so I opened the blinds in the bedroom, and the kids went crazy. Even Camden picked up on Mykenzi's excitement and started yelling SNOW! Nevermind that he and I came out of Target yesterday during some good flurry activity and he acted like it was just any other day, while Mommy was giggling at the snow flying in her face and eyes. He acted like I was crazy, but this morning when his big sister showed excitement, he was energized from a long night of sleeping and joined right in! I was relieved because I was getting worried he wouldn't want to go outside to play!

I have a box sitting below this wooden box (it's one of those trash bins, we keep the dog food in there), and Camden climbed up on top of it to reach the phone. That's the second time, the first time was yesterday....the box has been moved. I think he wanted to call Daddy at work, we were anxious for him to come home this morning. He went in for a few hours to make sure everything was done, and then came home to play in the snow since we don't know when/if we'll get anymore snow this winter.

Mykenzi loves trying to catch snowflakes. She had preschool yesterday during the flurries, and she said her and her friend there were running around the playground trying to catch snowflakes on their tongues.

Camden, checking out the white stuff!

Ready for sledding.

Camden, not so much!

He just layed back on Mykenzi and went along with the ride...

a little more...

until Daddy took a sharp turn and Camden landed face first in the snow! After that he didn't want to get back on the sled again for a while.

My angel making a snow angel!

She looks sad here, but I think I just caught her at a funny moment or something because she was having a blast.

Walking around on the driveway, conspiring, then all on her own, she decided to make a snowball and threw it at Daddy!

He was surprised, but he immediately grabbed snow off the car and threw one back at her, which she thinks is hilarious.

Then she couldn't stop herself, even throwing them at me!

Camden just wandered around mostly.

Daddy fixing his hat.

Trying to tell me something but everything is mostly jibber jabber now with a few recognizable words thrown in here and there.

Mykenzi wanted to make a snowman, but Jonmark didn't think it would work, so we moved on to something else.

Camden heading to the backyard to the playground.

I got hit with a snowball that was supposed to be the snowman Mykenzi was trying to make, so I tackled her to the ground (gently so as not to hurt her or myself), and she just cracked up laughing. I love that I have a girly girl who likes to play with baby dolls, paint her nails, and do hair, but also likes to play outside and doesn't mind getting wet or dirty! She's so much fun!

We have a large mound of dirt in our backyard that was put there with the intention of Jonmark working on the yard, but it hasn't happened yet (I was actually pregnant with Camden when that load was dropped off), and since it's been untouched, except for the occasional whack with the weedeater, it's growing weeds. Anyway, we thought it might be good for sledding, but after one trip down Mykenzi wasn't interested anymore and wanted to play on the playground instead.
Sorry I had the camera flipped the wrong way for the video (it's a video shot with my p&s), but it was the only video I got of Camden going down the slide.
Then I remembered to turn the camera, and Camden wanted nothing else to do with the slide after his last landing. You'll hear him calling out, he's yelling Zoey, he sees her and just starts yelling her name. A little loud one like his Daddy!
Camden's new thing, answering yes and no with uh-huh or mm-hmm and uh-uh or mm-mm. We just carry on conversations with him now, whether or not they make any sense at all.
We can't stop watching this video. Watch closely as they come by me after going around the mound of dirt, Mykenzi was actually laying on the ground being dragged and yet she was still laughing and having fun. I never noticed it until I watched the video afterwards. Then they just slid right off the sled together and layed there.
***
We were hoping to go back out in the snow again before it goes away, but Mykenzi, Camden, and their awesome Daddy are all snoozing now. As for the weather, now we're getting the freezing rain/ice, and I'm really hoping that everything will freeze tonight and school will be cancelled tomorrow so Mykenzi can have a day off!
1 comment:
I can't believe yall are getting snow! It was 70 degrees here today! I love Kenzi and Camden's hats! I'm glad I saw this because it reminded me of when we bought that hat when we went shopping together and I went and looked in Trenton room. It had gotten pushed to the back of the drawer and I had forgotten all about it, so I pulled it out. I love all of the videos! Looks like the kids (even the big kid...aka daddy...haha) had a blast!
Post a Comment