Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com
We're very excited about a new addition to the family this summer! Mykenzi keeps saying, "I'll love it if it's a boy, but what I really want is a sister." No surprise there, what little girl wouldn't want a little sister? Especially since she already has one little brother. If Camden realized what was happening and he could express his opinion I have no doubt that he'd request a little brother to play trucks with, enough with all these babydolls! She did tell us yesterday though that she thinks it's a boy. I asked her one day what we're going to do if it's another boy when one day Daddy will take off in the woods with both boys, leaving us here alone, and she said we would go paint pottery. (She saw this on Jon & Kate Plus 8 for Kate's day out with the 5 girls, and she's been asking for just her and I to go do this one day.) Jonmark has not decided what he thinks it is, though we often both think this must be a girl when making certain comparisons to my pregnancy with Mykenzi, but in a lot of ways this pregnancy is totally different from both Mykenzi's and Camden's, so who knows! He knew Mykenzi was a girl and that Camden was a boy, so he's determined to be right this time as well, and says he hasn't gotten that "feeling" yet one way or the other. I will be thrilled with a healthy baby either way, with Camden born in May and Mykenzi born in June, we have all the clothes we need for a July baby. I just hope all goes well the next 6 months, and that this baby continues to grow and is born healthy!
Now that we know everything is going well and we're in the second trimester, we'll be searching for a name. We've talked about it some the last month or so, but we don't seem to like many names, nor do we agree on any one name for a boy or girl. We settled on Mykenzi's name at 19 weeks, one week before the ultrasound where we found out that she was a girl. With Camden we only really talked about boy names, I wanted Camden and he wanted Tanner. After the ultrasound we took Mykenzi to breakfast at Chic-Fil-A (she loves that place), and I brought up the name battle we'd been having and Jonmark told me he had gotten used to Camden weeks ago but was enjoying driving me crazy with Tanner. Now that we've been discussing names, he no longer likes Tanner (glad we didn't decide to use it after all). This time we may not actually be able to choose names until we know what we're having, though I wish we could at least pick out a few boy and girl names. Middle names aren't too difficult as we hope to choose a special middle name just as we did with Mykenzi (Rylynn, combo of our middle names, Jonmark's is Ryan and mine is Lynn) and Camden (Phillips, my maiden name, to honor my father). We have a few options for middle names, but we need first names before we can choose those. We have a book with 100,000 baby names so there are plenty to choose from. Who knew it would be so hard for two people to agree on one name, especially when there are 100,000 suggestions at our fingertips!
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet baby #3! Congrats big sister Kenzi and big brother Camden!
Ahhhh!!! This is so exciting, #3! I can't wait to find out what you are having. It would be so nice to have a girl in the house again, 4yrs later, but with two little guys so close this would be neat too. Let us know what names you guys start to agree on...how fun! Hope this pregnancy is as comfortable and healthy as can be!
Oh my gosh, really mykenzi will have just turned 5 when the new baby arrives. It's hard to believe!
Post a Comment