It's mostly his own language, but he is saying so much all of a sudden. We both noticed right around Christmas that suddenly Camden is really talking, in a non-stop, uh oh, here we go with 2 talkers kind of way. He's not just labeling things, he's telling us stuff, and we're communicating much better now. He's also telling his own stories with his own language, and shakes his head yes or no when we ask him questions. Wonder why he won't say yes or no? Not a big deal, he sure knows how to tell Mykenzi to stop it, which comes out like "bop bit". He still has a long way to go, but some of the new things he says and how he's telling us what he wants or what he's doing is really neat.
His newest thing is pointing out his body parts, which I have yet to get on video, but it's so cute how he shows me and says each body part. As best as I can describe, his body parts sound like this: hair - air (not much emphasis on the r though), ear - eah, eyes (says this the best), nose - dough, mouth - bow (as in bow wow), tongue - ton, belly button - beh bun, elbow - belbo, knee (also says this right), feet -pete, and toes - dose. He hasn't said hands, but when I ask where they are sometimes he'll hold them out for me and smile.
He likes to sing and dance, a lot. When I sing "If You're Happy and You Know It" he loves to put his fingers on his cheeks for the "then your face will surely show it" part. They watch the Disney channel, and he loves Choo Choo Soul. He sings right along with them, especially the beginning where they say, "all aboard the choo choo train, all aboard the choo choo train, all aboard the choo train, all aboard, all aboard, choo choo, choo choo soul." In addition to Mickey Mouse, which he also sings along with, he loves the Imagination Movers, and sings along to their songs too.
My favorite new thing he does is that he's learning to count. He can actually count to ten in his own language if he hears a toy or Mykenzi doing it. He doesn't do it too often with us, but sometimes we can get him going. It's not any where near the actual words, but he does have the proper inflection, he just uses the wrong letters to make the sounds. I don't think he totally understand what it means, how can he, he's 19 months old? However, he will point with his index finger at things and make the sounds like he's counting, and I also know he's about to jump off something if I hear the sounds, if he's counting to three loudly then he's getting ready to jump! I think he gets all this from watching Mykenzi.
He even sat on the potty the other night for the first time while I was getting the tub ready, and when he wouldn't do anything I had Mykenzi get on the toilet, well he actually peed a little in the potty. I made a huge deal out of it, even showed Jonmark, who was not really thrilled. He said it was such a little amount and he didn't know what he was doing so it didn't matter. I thought it was cool. I'm in no rush to potty train him, in fact I fully accept the fact that we'll most likely have 2 in diapers this summer (Mykenzi refused to use the potty until she was 3 years old), but he's shown a lot of interest in the bathroom goings-on lately and Mykenzi's potty has been in there his whole life, in fact, he's recently started sitting on it (lifting the lid and sitting down, in a diaper), so I thought I'd have him sit down anyway instead of peeing in my bathroom floor, which he has done before.
I thought I'd post some of the new things he's doing lately since I don't have any new pictures to post!
7 years ago
1 comment:
Yay Camden! I wish I could see him doing all of these new things! Treton likes to count to three before he does stuff too. His big one lately is "deeee dough" (three, go...because we say one, two, three, go) then he takes off running. I'm still waiting for more talking out of him. Aren't they so fun at this age!
Post a Comment