Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Eve

Happy New Year, everyone! We like to celebrate New Year's Eve at home now with the little ones, keeping off the road away from drunk drivers. So to make it fun for them I serve finger foods/appetizers in the evening in lieu of dinner. This year I also made a party punch for them, which we all loved, just Hawaiian punch and Sprite mixed together. They have party hats which we bought to ring in 2008 and they were in good shape so I decided to keep them and reuse them each year, until they get messed up, which will most likely happen eventually. We also take them to the party store after Christmas to get noisemakers (those they usually mess up, but I think I managed to save them in time this year) and Mykenzi wanted the sunglasses with the year on them again because she had the 2008 sunglasses and Camden loves to wear those, so they each got a 2009 pair.

Yes, Little Man was running around all evening in his diaper. I saw him and asked Jonmark why he took his clothes off and he said he was trying to get them off so he helped him. Whatever, it's warm enough inside I guess, as long as he doesn't take his diaper off, which I have to watch because he will and he has, a lot.

Mykenzi was ready to go in her Minnie Mouse pjs, but I told her she could stay up as late as she could make it, figuring she wouldn't make it, and wouldn't you know she made it until about 11:58 p.m., or so Jonmark says! Mommy certainly didn't make it! The ball drop was recorded for her though, so I watched it with her when she woke up on New Year's day.


Daddy has the tallest hat with a clock on it.



Sporting those 2009 shades!


We let them celebrate with the horns early in the evening before Camden went to bed so that she could get it all out of her system and so that he could get into the excitement too, which he did.



Camden cracked up everytime Jonmark blew his horn, which he did repeatedly because he loves a laughing audience!


Camden was trying to blow his horn, but it didn't work so well for him, we mostly heard him hum or something.
***
It was a great New Year's though! Here's to a wonderful, even better 2009 full of laughter and love!

No comments: