Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Young Republican

On 9/11 they had a special on about the memorial at the Pentagon, and I was showing and telling Mykenzi that it was or president of the United States, George W. Bush, speaking. I'm just trying to expose her to the things so that they'll stick out in her mind and maybe she'll learn something or find an interest in it all. So she of course started asking questions about the president, and I ended up telling her that we're getting ready to have another election, and I was telling her about how the last election she was just a baby and I was holding her when I voted, blah blah blah. I told her about the candidates running for president this year, just gave names basically.

Well this must have jogged her memory of where she'd heard the name before because a few minutes later when I had gone on to do something else, I heard her, busy in her pretend play as a teacher to her invisible friends (this is something she does often), say, "When I count to 3, everybody say, I'm John McCain and I approve this message."

No comments: