We showed up at 9:00 a.m. to get in line at The Lady & Sons since the hostess starts taking names at 9:30, and we were lucky to be fifth in line and the first to request a table at 11:00 when they open for lunch. After we put our name on the list, we walked around Savannah to pass the time. At one point we were on our way back to the car, which was parked just down the street from the restaurant, to check on something and I was saying to Jonmark that I wish we could just see one of "them" (being Paula Deen, either of her 2 sons, or her husband) because I thought it would be cool and I knew Mykenzi would be so excited about it. Seriously, I'm not kidding either, just a few seconds after I said that Jonmark said one of her son's was right there coming down the street toward us. I stopped and just couldn't believe it. Jamie Deen was just walking down the street listening to an iPod or something, wearing sunglasses, and we just stood there not sure what to do. As he was approaching us he took off his sunglasses and the earphones out of his hears, bent down to Mykenzi, and said, "how ya doin', sweetie?" She literally just stood there. He talked to us for a few minutes, so we told him about how Mykenzi was a huge fan of Paula's and that we were so excited that we were getting to eat at their restaurant. We had been given a tri-fold paper menu so that we could figure out what we wanted for lunch, so Jonmark thought to ask him for his autograph on it, which was written to Mykenzi. I need to have it framed or something. She seriously did not talk for about 15 minutes. After he walked away we went to the car really quick, then went in some stores, while I called my mom to tell her about seeing Jamie Deen and that we were going to eat lunch at the Lady & Sons. Mykenzi and Camden were in a store with Jonmark at the time, and he said the first thing Mykenzi ever said to him after all that time on mute was, "Daddy, can I have this bracelet?" Mykenzi never stops talking for that long! Here are pictures from the rest of our time in Savannah!


Waiting on Daddy's shoulders.





It's lunch time! They brought around 2 different kinds of bread after we were seated (friend hoecakes and cheesy bread - oh my goodness, so so good, I need to try to make that cheesy bread soon)!! There's the pretty necklace Mykenzi got at the store (a bracelet/necklace matching set).

Not sure what this look was about!

I was kind of grossed out by this picture, there's chewed up bread showing around her teeth. Gross, but cute smile!


We chose the buffet which had fried chicken (awesome), macaroni and cheese (great) , green beans, sweet potatoes (so yummy), and roasted chicken (also good). That's what I tried, but there was also red skin potatoes and cream corn, not something I'd try. The buffet also included a choice of 2 desserts. I can't remember what the other one was, but we chose the Gooey Butter Cake, mmmm! I have that recipe too!

Feeding Mommy!

He was tired of the highchair and we were getting ready to leave, so he was playing for a few minutes.

Mmmm good!
***
I'm almost done with our vacation pictures. The last part of our trip was our stop in Wilmington, NC, and I don't think I took very many pictures there so hopefully I'll get a chance to put those up this weekend and start getting caught up on everything else. This is the start of a very busy time of year for us, like all other families, so there will be a lot of pictures to post on the blog over the next couple of months, even the next few weeks, so I'm really trying to get caught up!
No comments:
Post a Comment