Thursday, September 11, 2008

The things Mykenzi says...

I really need to start writing down some of the things she comes up with. She told me this last week after she started preschool:

"Mommy, there's a boy in my class, he's this tall (holding her hand as far as she can above her head), and he's not 3, he's 20!"

Then yesterday when I picked her up she was trying to tell me about something that happened, and she said it was the kid who's 20.

Does she really think he's that old? I don't think she really has any concept of what it means to be that old because she also told her teacher in the spring that I was either 13 or 16, I can't remember. I think he's just a lot taller than the rest of the children in the class so she's guessing some large number.

She was also very excited yesterday telling me as we were leaving that a little girl's "mom had 2 babies in her tummy, but now they're out, and they weren't just 2 babies, she had 2 girls." I also think it's slightly funny that she calls this little girl Tinkerbell. Jonmark says it might hurt her feelings, but I'm thinking any little girl would love to be called Tinkerbell, I might be wrong. Anyway she's not making fun of the little girl, it's just that her name has "bell" in it and it isn't a name Mykenzi has heard often, so for some reason she just remembers Tinkerbell and that's what she keeps calling her when she tells me about her. I guess I just think it's cute that she keeps doing that, and she says it so seriously because she honestly thinks that's what her name is. I tried to get her to say the actual name, and she just says she can't, so I've told her that is what her real name is and the she should not call her Tinkerbell at school. However, I think she'll always be Tinkerbell to us. I should tell her mom this when she starts picking her up again, who knows when that will be since she now has twin baby girls to care for.

No comments: