Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nay Nay and Nee Nee

Camden had his 15 month checkup yesterday, a little late because of vacation, preschool, and the appointment availability at the pediatrician's office, but anyway...at 15.5 months he weighs 23.8 lbs. and is 32 1/4 inches long/tall. I was speaking to the nurse about how I was worried that he wasn't talking and then in the last few weeks he's taken off. He's trying to repeat a lot of what we say, and even uses the proper inflection. For example, one day I handed him something and said, there you go, and he kept going around saying, "eh ya doe" so we say that to him all the time and he says eh ya doe over and over and over until something else catches his attention. I also mentioned to her that even though he's trying to say everything else, he's still not once tried to say his sister's name, and I think that's odd. She said, well it's a long name. They have "Mykenzi" on file, but we call her Kenzi about 80% of the time, and that's what we've been trying to teach him, but he just looks at us. I've tried to get him to call out to her when she's not in the room and he doesn't do it. I was telling Jonmark all of this at dinner last night, and how she said you'd think he'd at least come up with his own name for her by name or some form of Kenzi, so Jonmark said Kenzi to him, as if to get him to repeat it. Then out of no where he said, "Nay Nay." We heard Nay Nay over and over all through dinner, and then today I didn't hear it much until earlier and now he's saying Nee Nee. It's funny because I always thought when he'd try to say her name that it would come out Keni, and I imagined her being nicknamed Keni for the rest of her life. I'm not really sure that Nay Nay or Nee Nee is any better! Whatever he starts calling her will be her nickname for a long time to come though because my nephews ages 12 and 9 and my neice who is 8, all still call me Tissy.

No comments: