Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kelly's House

This was the best part of the trip! We haven't been to visit Kelly and Brian in Mississippi since they got married 3 years ago on September 10, 2005 (Happy Anniversary, Kelly and Brian! belated obviously), which was when Mykenzi was only 14 months old (the boys are now 15 months old). The few days we were there for the wedding were really rushed, so there wasn't much time to just hang out, and the other times we've been able to visit with them in Williamsburg, it's also sort of rushed because everyone (understandably) wants time with the Carter family! Fortunately Mama Debbie always welcomes my family into her home, and shares her time with them with us, and I have always appreciated that, but it was really nice to be at Kelly's house this time where we didn't have to rush out after a day. We really enjoyed being able to do things with them in their area. They took us to Little Dooey's (I think I spelled that correctly) for some awesome BBQ sandwiches, Anthony's for those delicious fried pickles, Beans & Cream for an ice cream treat for Mykenzi, Dreamland BBQ in Tuscaloosa, AL for ribs (where they bring you sliced white bread - Sunbeam I believe - and their bbq sauce for you to dip the bread in, it was actually really good, I'm not kidding), and Ruben's (a Catfish and Steakhouse). While over in Tuscaloosa for a little shopping (I don't think Kelly and I can get together without going shopping, or at least just looking around), Brian took us through the University of Alabama campus, but it was raining that day so we just drove through. Brian is a huge Alabama fan, so I just wanted to see what the campus looked like. We also took the kids to Jumping G's, a place with inflatable bounce houses in their local mall. It was great to do all of this with them, and to just hang around their house with them allowing the kids to play.

Camden made a seat out of the window here.


I know Grandma would love to see some pictures of Trenton since Kelly has been so busy and unable to post on her blog (first we were there, then she was busy catching up on work and getting ready for her time out of the office during their busy season, and then this past week doing the BIG Cooper's Closet sale). He's checking out Mykenzi's Fisher Price camera (we love that thing by the way).


He was busy investigating the camera and I interrupted him.


Still hanging onto that camera and probably wishing I'd go home!


At Jumping G's, Mykenzi enjoyed this one particular bounce house with the slide.


Camden loved the slide too. (Yes, I know, not the best picture of me, but I love his smile and this is not about me, right?)


Weeeeeeee!


What's with that face?


And that one?


Trenton's turn!


On her way down!


Dinner time! Camden would rather play than eat!



Shaking hands?


Look at both of them chewing their fingers. I discovered that Camden had 2 new teeth while we were there, so he now has a total of 16 teeth.


Brian is starting to run around in circles pushing Trenton's lawn mower, they really seemed to enjoy this...







Camden's turn.


Camden (and Mykenzi) loved Treton's cozy coupe.

1 comment:

The Carters said...

I was so excited to finally get to check out the blog and see these pictures. I miss yall so much! Thank you for making the trip down. We had a blast! I LOVE the pictures of the boys on the couch. I cracked up looking at them!