Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kings Dominion

Getting ready to go in the park. These pictures make Mykenzi look huge in that stroller, but it's the only way we could go through the day at KD. We stayed from a few minutes after opening to a few minutes before closing, and that would not have happened if we'd made her walk.

This is what Cohen did all day.


Waiting patiently to ride!


Ringing the bell vigorously.


I love that smile! We surprised her with this trip to KD, and she didn't know where we were going until we pulled into the lot. I love doing things like that for her!


Camden got to ride a few rides alone while I took Mykenzi on the Scooby Doo Coaster.







This was funny! I hate these water blasters at the Log Flume, but Jonmark loves it and so the kids enjoy it too. I took Mykenzi on the ride first, and Jonmark let Camden spray people. Then he took Camden on (can you believe you only have to be 36" to ride, and Camden just barely makes it with shoes on), and left Mykenzi with a few quarters so she could spray people. She waited and waited for Jonmark and Camden to come down, but couldn't stand it any longer so I let her use all but 1 quarter on other people. This was her first shot, and then she sprayed again...got people both times.


She was so proud of herself! Until when she was busy watching and waiting for the next log flume riders to spray, the 60-something couple that she got the second time stopped and the man leaned in behind her and asked in a deep, stern voice, "did you spray me?" She ran to me so fast and turned her face in to me. I was cracking up, his wife was laughing hysterically, and all I could say was, "I'm sorry, she learned it from her Daddy." They thought it was great! Then, when she sprayed the next group, this is what she did...


she hit the button, then hit the ground in between the 2 strollers, afraid that they would confront her as well. HAHAHAHAHA! She cracks me up!


Finally, Daddy and Camden, and she sprayed them too, but she mostly soaked Daddy's back!


Passed out!


While Camden was sleeping we rode a few rides with Mykenzi, and I refused to get on this ferris wheel, but she had to go so Daddy took her. He said she wasn't even afraid when they got stopped at the very top, and instead was looking around and pointing out different rides in the park.


This sight just made me smile and the picture does too!


Riding bumper cars while Camden's napping.


Riding "Mommy's favorite ride." We go through the park starting in the kiddie section, then make our way through the back over to the other side ending at the log flume, then go back and do it all again. We each get a turn on every ride with her, and she loves this!


Camden's awake, time to do the swings. A funny thing happened here too. When they first tried to get on the swings, Camden was trying to get in the seat on the inside (our left), and Mykenzi tried to get in the one on the outside (our right). She's a few pounds heavier so the seat went down and Camden is 6 inches shorter than her so he was having a tough time getting in the seat. So Mykenzi got up and told Camden, "here, you can sit on this side because it's lower so you'll be able to get into it." HAHA! She didn't realize her weight did that.


Finally awake after sleeping all day long except for feedings.


Jonmark was on a ride with Mykenzi so I was watching Camden ride some of the kiddie rides, and I looked down to find Cohen just smiling up a storm to the tree leaves above us. I assume that's what it was because no one else was around or over him, and it was breezy so the leaves were moving with sun lighting some of the leaves.


He really enjoys stuff like that. He loves to look up at the mobile and mirror on his swing and he'll smile. I also put him down on the bed yesterday while I was getting ready, and he smiled up at the rotating fan like it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen.


Camden's first ride on the bumper cars! He loved it!


The first time we passed the Flying Eagles Jonmark took Mykenzi on it, and Camden got upset because he couldn't ride. We just assumed that. Later that day before we made our 2nd trip through that area I was reading the ride guidelines and realized he probably could have ridden it as long as one of us was with him. He was thrilled when got in line, and he loved it!


Finally going home! Mykenzi, not knowing where we were going and hoping we were going to the Great Wolf Lodge, got pajamas for both her and Camden and brought them along in the van. So we put them in their pj's when we got back to the van. Mykenzi fell asleep very quickly, but Camden stayed awake the ENTIRE ride home. He was so excited and really had a great time. All 3 kids were excellent that day so we all had the best time. It was an unbelievably good day!

3 comments:

Sara said...

These are all great pictures! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and I love the surprise for M.! Isn't it amazing that Camden can ride so many things? I was shocked when we just went to Kennywood that W.H. was able to ride such BIG rides, I think it was 36" there too. It's fun!

The Carters said...

Looks like so much fun! I didn't realize the boys were old enough for rides like that. We might need to look into a trip for Trenton. I'm glad yall had such a good day!

Aunt Sarah said...

mannnn i miss KD....all we have is the stupid freestyle music park and they only have one coaster =(