Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cohen - 8 Weeks

When Mykenzi and Camden were 7 weeks old, they both had photos taken just like this (straight on, laying straight out, on a white blanket). I didn't set out to have that done with Camden when he was 7 weeks, but when we were comparing his pictures to Mykenzi's we realized they both had the same type of shot (at different photo studios). We got busy when Cohen was 7 weeks, so his session was a week later (that's the problem with doing their sessions myself) and the only reason Mykenzi and Camden didn't have sessions at 6 weeks (instead of 7, which would make more sense) is because that's when the studios could fit us in by the time I thought about doing it.


This is the one shot I have of all 3 now, and I can definitely see a lot of Mykenzi (shape of eyes) and Camden (shape of face) in Cohen. Cohen is just a lot smaller than Camden was. This sleeper was chosen just because Mykenzi and Camden both wore the sleepers they came home in for this same picture. The first time Mykenzi came home she wore the dress that I wore home from the hospital, but the second time she came home (after the NICU called us back the same night we went home the first time) she wore a pink sleeper with an 'm' on it.

Cohen's not a fan of being put down on something stationary, he likes to move, unless he's sleeping in your arms, so he had to have his pacifier.


A quick shot after Jonmark slipped the pacifier out.


Then came the lip pucker!


And full on "waaaah waaaah waaaah!"
That's what Camden says "Baby" does sometimes. He still
calls him Baby like it's his name. In fact, the other day I
was talking to the kids about their full names, and when
I said Cohen Jon Sullivan, Camden said, "no, Baby Suh-ben."

No comments: