- The night I went into labor, we put the kids in the van to take them to my parents, even though my mom said she'd come here if I went in the middle of the night. I was just in so much pain and I wasn't sure how long she'd take getting here since she'd have to wake up, get ready, and drive here in the dark, which she hates, so we just left. Mykenzi woke up when she was put in the van, and she stayed awake for the whole ride. I was in so very much pain (I can't express that enough), and apparently I was beating on the door and window, so Jonmark kept telling me to hold on to the door handle instead. When I had another contraction, Mykenzi could tell, and yelled to me from the 3rd row, "just hold on to the door handle, honey!"
- Camden loves to ask "I hold him?" and "I kiss him?"
- Mykenzi wants to play patty cake with him already, not understanding he's not ready for his arms to be moved around like that. She also wants to know when he's going to have teeth and when he can have baby food.
- Camden decided to tell Cohen a knock knock joke, and knocked on Cohen's forehead with his hand, saying "knock knock."
- Jonmark was holding Cohen and Camden the other day, and Camden reached over, raised Cohen's arms, and said, "touchdown!" He did this several times, and thought it was quite funny. I think it's cute that he's trying to teach him things.
- Whenever Cohen is getting his diaper changed, Mykenzi comes running with a pacifier and insists on standing there the whole time he's being changed.
- The other day Mykenzi was holding Cohen and he started to cry, so she bounced/rocked him a little, lightly, and she was so proud when he calmed down. Then she said, "I want him to cry again so I can make him stop."
- Whenever Cohen starts to whine a little or make any noise, Camden says, "uh oh, Mommy, Baby kying."
- In the car the other day, Camden seemed to just realize Cohen was next to him (except for always informing me when he's upset), and he just kept waving and saying, "hi, Baby, hi," all the way down the road.
- Mykenzi loves how soft Cohen's head is, and just wants to sit and rub him forever.
- Camden also tells me when the baby is sleeping, he says, "Baby weeping."
- Whenever Jonmark is going to leave, or we're all going to leave and Camden assumes Cohen and I are staying here, Camden comes running over to kiss me goodbye and always remembers to tell Cohen bye too. This is important to me because it tells me, or at least I think it means, that he's accepted that Cohen is part of the family.
- Sometimes Mykenzi and Camden fight over feeding Cohen, and Camden gives her a mean look and yells, "MY TURN!" They also have to take turns holding him, which makes me feel good also because I'd rather they show interest and love for Cohen then nothing at all.
- The whole time I was pregnant I would ask Camden if he was going to share his trucks with his new brother, and he'd always tell me no. This morning when he was holding Cohen, I asked him again if he's going to share his trucks with him and he said, "uh huh."
7 years ago
3 comments:
Awe, these are suck keepsakes. So glad you took the time to share them. I was cracking up out loud over the "hold the door handle, honey"! A lot of the phrases that Camden says are exactly what W.H. says about Hailey. He'll say "Hailey's sleeping Mommy" when we're in the car, or "Hailey's crying, I go get her" and runs upstairs to her crib. What special 3 kiddos you have.
whoops. "such" keepsakes..typo there.
Aww...I'm so glad you're documenting all of this! What a sweet big sister and brother! I forgot to tell you, the other night when I was looking at the blog Trenton came over and kept waving and saying "hey baby" to Cohen. Can't wait for them to meet!
Post a Comment