Monday, June 22, 2009

6/19 - Mykenzi's 5th Birthday

Our baby girl turned 5 on Friday! It's so hard to believe! Her 5th birthday was a huge one to us, and actually all of her birthdays are because of the difficulties she had at birth so we planned a huge party for her on Saturday. On her actual birthday we spent the day running around getting last minute things done for her party, but we did manage to squeeze in a few hours of swimming for her and later that evening after putting up the tent for the party we let her open some presents and had some ice cream cake.


Birthday breakfast request: french toast, which she chose to eat on the Thomas the Train plates leftover from Camden's birthday


Camden has been eating with a fork for so long now, he does it really well. This was a skill that took Mykenzi quite a while to master, but Camden hates for his hands to be messy (unless he's playing outside) so he's been eating with a fork and spoon (not as well with a spoon though) for about a year now.



Camden loves french toast too!


Mykenzi's reaction to me singing Happy Birthday to her.


Silly girl!


Before we left for the day I took Mykenzi outside for a quick mini session. I just wanted a few decent photos of her on her birthday before we started running around and in case I didn't get any photos at all.


She wasn't really into it.




Once the baby is born and I'm able to move around better, I'll be taking Mykenzi and Camden in the studio for more photos.

We decided to go swimming since we had a few hours in between things that needed to be done, but Mykenzi didn't want to get in because her older cousins (12, 9, and 8 years) were there and swim/play a little rough for her, so it took her a while to get in and we had to leave a few minutes after she finally decided to swim.


Laughing at one of her cousins probably.


My two guys! (Won't be long before I'll have three!)


Aww, Daddy love!


Camden is the biggest music lover! Here he is playing the drums, and he's just about always either singing or dancing.



Splashing the cousins!





Getting ready to blow bubbles!



So proud of himself!


Camden went off the diving board for the first time.






Opening her presents from Kelly, Brian, and Trenton!


She can't wait to decorate this jewelry box.



Getting some help from Camden.

He was very excited for her! Lots of oooing.


Bead necklace kits, one of the things she really wanted! The stamps were a big hit also, and were perfect for her because she loves to draw people pictures and make them cards. She's already made several with her new stamps.


One present from us on her birthday, an umbrella for her picnic table, which she's wanted since she got the picnic table last year. We figured it would come in handy at the birthday party on Saturday, and in the future when I pull the picnic table out on the back deck for lunch where there isn't any shade.


Mykenzi's first ice cream cake.




More help from Camden!


1 comment:

The Carters said...

Looks like Mykenzi had a good birthday! I'm glad she liked her gifts! I can't wait to see pictures from the party!