7 years ago
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Happy Birthday, Maw Maw!
Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and the day before Mykenzi wanted to know if she was having cake and ice cream, but when she called my parents to find out, she was disappointed to hear that Maw Maw didn't want any cake or ice cream so Pop wasn't getting a cake for her like he usually does. That all changed when Mykenzi got her first "shiner" and used it to her advantage! We were busy in Camden's room getting ready to switch out his dresser, when we heard Mykenzi screaming. She came running saying she slammed her face in the baby gate (it's a metal swinging gate), and as I was calming her down and she looked up at me, her hair fell to the side showing off her first black eye! Evidently, Camden, doing what he does a lot, was swinging the baby gate back and forth (it was loose, normally this isn't possible, but he has a way of working them loose so he can do this) as fast as he possibly can, and Mykenzi got in the way I guess. He did not mean to do it at all, and felt horrible when we showed him what happened to her eye. So, when she talked to my parents afterwards she told my mom that she was okay, she wasn't going to the emergency room, but the only thing that would make her and Camden feel better was birthday cake. So she gave in and was okay with us bringing a cake, which I wanted to make, but Mykenzi insisted on getting from the bakery.


Mykenzi and Camden with the balloons Mykenzi insisted we get for Maw Maw, and the flowers from us.
When Mykenzi was making Maw Maw a birthday card she asked what her favorite color is, and I didn't really know except that she doesn't like green or blue too much, so I said she likes yellow. Well after that everything had to be done in yellow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell your mom I said Happy Birthday! I hope Mykenzi's black eye is better soon! Trenton got one a few weeks ago when he tried to put his sippy cup in the sink like they teach him at daycare, but was putting it on the island instead and it rolled off and hit him in the eye.
The cake turned out cute. Oh, the way that grandkids can turn the tides...for the better and fun of it all :) Camden looks like he is so mature...they grow up too quickly. Glad #3 is on the way to add more baby days to the household.
Post a Comment