Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Camden!


Opening his first present from Mommy, Daddy, and Kenzi, a t-ball set. We later took it with us down to my parents house, and he and Kenzi took turns hitting balls off the tee, but of course I forgot my camera at home. He had a great time though. Kenzi actually hits really well, we were surprised. Camden would first use the bat the hit the ball off the tee, then use the bat to knock the tee over, and then when my mom would clap for him he'd bow and say "thank you, thank you."

The fire truck Kenzi picked out for him. He loves it!


Digging in the bag from Nannie (Jonmark's maternal grandmother). He loved the bag with all the cars, boats, helicopters, and airplanes on it, and he loves all the cars that were inside the bag too!


A Thomas and Friends coloring book from us.


I don't know what they were hugging for, she randomly hugs him all day long.


Looking at the cars from Nannie.


His new truck from Sarah. Thank you, Sarah!




A wheelbarrow from Nana and Paw Paw!


Here's his face when he saw his new tricycle from Mommy and Daddy.



Help from his big sister!


And off he goes!



Here's the cake I made for him, with Mykenzi's urging. She asked me if I would bake his cake, and I said no because I don't know how to decorate cakes so it wouldn't turn out too good. Then she gave me a pep talk about how it's okay to make mistakes, mistakes are how you learn, and it doesn't matter, it's just a cake, you won't learn if you don't try......what choice did I have after that? I had to try. So we found a google image of a cake we all liked, and I gave it my best shot. After 5 hours into it all I had done was the bottom green layer and the icing wasn't smoothing out the way I had hoped and needed it to, so I had a little hormonal meltdown. Once I calmed down and finished the rest of the cake, I realize it's not too bad after all. The hardest part is writing with icing, that's just not easy at all. It's nothing like writing with a pencil/pen, and I know it looks awful, but I have to say, it was all worth it when Camden saw his cake and was so excited that he just wanted to sit and look at it while I finished putting the candy covered chocolate rocks around the bottom. I would turn it so I could do another part, and he'd get mad because he couldn't see it anymore and would have to move. It also helped that he knew it was a tree and that those were birds when we asked him, at least he recognized what I had put on there. However, I now think birthday cakes are worth a lot more than people charge because that is not easy at all!





I turned around to get something and heard everyone laughing. Camden was sneaking icing off the back of the cake, and was pretty proud of himself too! So I grabbed the camera and tried to catch him.


Sneaking a little bit off the back...


and licking his finger!


Mmm! Num num! (That's what Camden says.)


After standing in the chair so long blowing out the candle and sneaking icing, he didn't want to get in his highchair to eat cake and ice cream, so he sat with Daddy.


I can't believe he's 2 years old already! What a big boy!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

what do you mean you don't know how to decorate cakes? that's awesome!!