Saturday, October 18, 2008

10/5 - Pumpkin Patch


I love this time of year, full of traditions. Every October we go to Belvedere Plantation to take the hayride out the pumpkin patch, which this year was wired with speakers playing kids farm music, very cute. Afterwards we tried the maize maze, but it was too stressful. We ended up following another couple around to find our way out. There isn't a map unless you start with the easy route and uncover sections of it at a time, but we were advised to do the intermediate route since it's more stroller friendly and we would not have to cross any bridges. Well, something went wrong because we did not cross through the corn, and we somehow ended up having to cross a bridge with a baby in a stroller and a 4 year old who was hot, thirsty, and tired of walking (not sure why, she rode on Daddy's shoulders most of the way through, but basically she's just not old enough for the maize maze yet). There aren't any pictures of that part of the day because I was either pushing the stroller or carrying the 8 foot tall flag pole (for admitting defeat and begging for help....I tried a few times as we were walking through, it didn't work). So we headed down to do the more fun things for Mykenzi and Camden. This was his first year taking part in the activities there, and he really enjoyed it!

The Scarecrow Family






Camden was taking a nap when we first arrived, but he woke up shortly after the hayride started.


Searching for pupmkins.


Love that smile!!!


Mykenzi couldn't find the right pumpkin.




Camden tried and tried to get over to them, but he had a hard time walking in that stuff.




Daddy found a huge pumpkin. We've never found pumpkins that big in previous years, but we usually go mid-October. There are so many to choose from in early October that we hope to go at that time from now on.




The first 3 pumpkins that were picked, but not the 3 we brought home.


Inspecting the pumpkins.



I always got a picture of Mykenzi surrounded by the pumpkins on the hayride, but Camden didn't want to cooperate.



Mykenzi was afraid her pigtails were going to fly off with all the bumping along.






Man that looks like fun! It's a swing on a zip line.


This is the small slide. They have a 100 foot slide that goes through/down a hill called Pumpkin Mountain, and technically Mykenzi was not supposed to go on it, nor were we supposed to go with her (a sign at the bottom of the hill says you must be 5 to ride and no double riders). They had someone at the top working there, but they were letting parents go down with their children so we decided to do it. I went only once because that was a slick slide (you ride down on a sack), and I must have ridden down with a rock under my butt because I hurt so bad when I got up and I had a bruise for a week. If it hadn't been for that I would have enjoyed it! Mykenzi and Jonmark enjoyed it though, and Camden tried to go up the hill after them one time because he wanted to ride to. So we strolled away and watched some other things, which made him happy, but it must be so hard to not be big enough to do things with his big sister. Every where we go he can do half to most of the activities with her, so when he can't, it doesn't go over too well.





I actually think this was Camden's favorite part of the day, playing in rocks.





We thought Camden would like riding these, Mykenzi always does, but it's right next to the rock box so he just wanted to go play in the rocks.


1 comment:

Sara said...

OH MY...I hope Mykenzi's pigtails hung in there HA HA!! I was cracking up over this. These pictures are great and it looks like they have a ton of neat activities for the kids. What a great pumpkin patch.