Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Studio Photos & Surgery Update

Just in case you don't check my other blog, there are some photos of Cohen (from his first 2 weeks) at www.christisullivanphotography.com/blog.

Cohen had a follow-up appointment yesterday with the pediatric surgeon and the strip over his incision was removed, which should have fallen off on it's own, but it didn't so we didn't bother it. You know me, I'm paranoid about things and the last thing I wanted was to hurt Cohen or cause harm to his incision (imagining things like him busting open and bleeding every where or causing awful infection or something). However, the doctor just walked in and yanked it off, which looked and sounds worse than it was I guess because Cohen didn't even cry, whimper, or whine. While it really does look great because there isn't a huge scar of pink raised up skin like people often get after surgery, it stills bothers me a little because it's like he has a cut on his belly, no scab or anything, but it just looks (to me) like he could pop open any minute. It was also hard at first to see the perfect baby I gave birth to 6 weeks ago have this new blemish to his once perfect body. It's ironic though that this imperfection is what actually made him perfect again. So, just like Mykenzi tells us, I would rather him have gone to the hospital, had the surgery, and now have this scar than to have him vomiting everything he ate like he was doing. Honestly though, it doesn't look like he'll have much of a scar because it looks nothing like a scar now (Jonmark says it looks like a paper cut to him), so whatever does stay there will probably fade over the years. Anyway, he was released into the care of his pediatrician, and the surgeon says he shouldn't have any more problems with pyloric stenosis or any further issues with his intestines as a result of this surgery.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I know that must of been hard to see your tiny guy with a scar. It sounds like everything with PS is behind you and things will be great from here on out.