We recently took a quick trip to the Great Wolf Lodge, we weren't even there for 48 hours, but we had a great time! We needed some family time away, and wanted to have one last trip as a family of 4. I don't have any pictures of them in the waterpark because I only took my P&S and was there for fun. Plus my camera always fogs up in there, so it's kind of pointless. Camden surprised us with his no fear attitude in the water because we expected him to be a little afraid since he hasn't been swimming since last September, and they bathe in very little water. He just walked in the wave pool though, and kept walking until it was 2 feet deep. Then he instinctively kicked his feet while Jonmark held his hands, and he even floated around while Jonmark assisted him. I couldn't get Mykenzi to do any of that, in fact, she still swims with a swim tube/suit thing (they don't allow that there though, so she went without anything and Camden wore one of their vests), and she doesn't appear to be in any hurry to learn to swim without it. She enjoyed playing in the water with Camden, going down slides with her daddy, and just being at the Great Wolf Lodge (she's loves it there, says she wants to stay for 20 days).

Getting ready to go to the waterpark for the first time on our trip.


I don't know where he got this face from or why he makes it everytime he sees a camera.

Playing in the water while we get ready for breakfast.

Off with their wands to play MagiQuest, which was actually off at that time of the morning and I forgot. This was Camden's first trip with a wand since he was too young to participate before, and he figured out how to make things go off very quickly. He loved it!

Trying unsuccessfully to turn on the crystal, not realizing the game hasn't been turned on for the day yet.

Last morning there, outside loading up the car. Before I packed I checked the weather for Williamsburg and it looked like nothing but rain, then the forecast changed and it was sunny and hot as can be that day when all I had for them to wear were warm clothes.

Hiding in the shade because it was already getting so hot early that morning. It was nothing like the 90 degree weather we've had the last several days, but it was still too warm for the way they were dressed.

In the lobby.

Watching the bucket dump water in the waterpark. Everytime we went to get on the elevator this is what Camden would do. He could stand there all day.

In the arcade, another of our favorite things to do at the GWL. Mykenzi has always loved it in there, and now Camden is old enough to enjoy the rides and games. He particularly liked riding these things.


Mykenzi still likes riding them too.


No pictures!

He seriously wanted me to put my camera away.



Yelling at Daddy for tokens to start the ride.

Playing Deal or No Deal, her favorite game there.



Camden was getting tired by this point. Ready to hit the road and take a nap. He fell asleep practically as he hit the car seat.

Just a few pictures before leaving. They ended up with enough tickets at the arcade to get a pink princess basketball and a Redskin football. A little side story: A few times we've been shopping in Target we've gone past the footballs, and Camden will whine and whine until you let him hold one. We just let him hold it until we get to checkout and then put it on the belt last, telling the clerk we don't want it, and he seems to forget about it after he puts it on there. So we knew he'd love his new football!


***
I can't believe the next time we take a trip to the Great Wolf Lodge, or any where, that we'll be a family of 5. I packed very lightly for this trip, which Jonmark says is unusual. He loaded the car with all the bags I packed, came inside, and asked me where the rest of it was. He just knew I forgot something because even when we go away for 2 nights like that, he still can't see out the window. In fact, when we took our week long road trip down to Mississippi last summer he thought it was funny that the car was just as packed for that trip as it was for trips that were only for 2 nights. I think this time I packed lighter because 1) we didn't take the pack-n-play for Camden which does take up some room, 2) I didn't pack enough clothes, should have packed some short sleeve shirts for the spring weather knowing the forecast changes quickly, and 3) I'm too pregnant to do much, so I kept it simple. Now the next time we travel, packing for 3 kids, one of them being a baby, Jonmark says we'll need a car top carrier!
No comments:
Post a Comment