

To start the parade the firehouse siren goes off, so we quickly put ear plugs in their ears, and were just waiting for the parade to start rolling by. They both left the ear plugs in for the full 30 minutes of the parade. It's a good thing too, I don't know if you've ever been to a Firemen's Parade but other than the beauty pageant girls riding by on cars, the parade is nothing but firetrucks and ambulances with flashing lights and blaring sirens for the full parade. It sounds like the worst disaster has happened there, but it really is a cool parade. Jonmark couldn't believe it years ago when I first told him about this, he had never heard of it or been to it, but when he first saw this parade he loved it! I'm a girl and I still think it's really cool. I love hearing all the sirens at one time, especially when there isn't an emergency.

We haven't seen this before, State Troopers on motorcycles leading the parade.

CBVFD

I wanted to get a picture of a big fire truck right in front of them sitting on the sidewalk, but there was too much tall grass to my right so I couldn't get directly behind them, so I just snapped this one when the ambulance was going by.

Mykenzi did enjoy the parade, but it was very hot that evening.


Camden waved at the firemen and the girls a lot, which I always missed, but I did get him pointing as they went by.

This was day 2, the Grand Feature Parade. Also, so very hot, but we had a lot of cold bottled water and we sat in the shade. The parade last over an hour long, which was way longer than I've ever seen it or expected it to be that day, but it was a good parade.

After the parade, we went to the pool for the first time this summer. Camden isn't crazy about the pool yet, he prefers to play in buckets of water outside of the pool, but I'm sure by mid summer, or at least the end of the summer, he'll be more into it. This picture was taken after he had played in water outside of the pool for a while.

Back home playing on the deck while grilling hot dogs before the fireworks!


What a face!

He was inching closer and closer to the steps that he knows he's not allowed near because I'm afraid he'll fall down them. No worries now though, Jomark built and intalled a gate at the top of these steps yesterday. We also bought a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to put down so that the kids can go out there barefoot to play in the playhouse or with toys or in a little pool. Camden loves to be outside, especially during the day when we go out on this deck. When it's time to come in he always throws himself down on the kitchen floor and cries for a few seconds until he sees another toy in the house to play with.
No comments:
Post a Comment