Camden got his first haircut today! I thought it was about time since his hair was starting to look a little shaggy and sloppy. It was touching his ears, which Jonmark says tickles and is really annoying, and the back was starting to get curly just like his daddy's and big sister's hair!
***
BEFORE:
DURING:
AFTER:


I don't know if you can even tell a difference between the Before and After pictures, but we certainly can. We were very surprised at how much hair he actually had. When she first started I got a little upset and "freaked out" on her as Jonmark put it because she asked what I wanted, I said around the ears and even up the neck, then she started cutting on top and I believe an inch fell to the floor. I told her to stop because we part it on the side so the top was fine, but she realized that and knew what she was doing, and she was right, his hair does look fine. I've had 2 really bad haircuts in my life where I did not get at all what I was looking for, so it worries me when I put one of my children in those chairs and let someone loose with scissors on them. I know it's just hair, but that's my baby's hair!
I don't know if you can even tell a difference between the Before and After pictures, but we certainly can. We were very surprised at how much hair he actually had. When she first started I got a little upset and "freaked out" on her as Jonmark put it because she asked what I wanted, I said around the ears and even up the neck, then she started cutting on top and I believe an inch fell to the floor. I told her to stop because we part it on the side so the top was fine, but she realized that and knew what she was doing, and she was right, his hair does look fine. I've had 2 really bad haircuts in my life where I did not get at all what I was looking for, so it worries me when I put one of my children in those chairs and let someone loose with scissors on them. I know it's just hair, but that's my baby's hair!And a shot of big sister just because! I was proud of her for not yelling at the lady cutting his hair because she's very protective of Camden (when someone else is making him unhappy). When we were first walking to the chair and another lady there suggested that he just sit by himself since he's a big boy, Mykenzi gave her a ton of unexpected attitude saying, "NO, HE'S NOT, HE'S JUST A BABY." She was worried that Camden wasn't going to like getting his haircut because she doesn't like it, so she was anxious from the start. Mykenzi has only had her hair cut twice in the last 4 years, first when she was a little over 2.5 and then 6 months later just before starting preschool. After seeing how upset Camden got today, she's convinced that she does not need another haircut!
1 comment:
I love the last picture of Camden alone. He looks like a big boy with his hair cut. And I really love the first one of them together. Mykenzi looks so grown up and pretty (not that she's not always pretty) in that picture!
Post a Comment