Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother's Day Tea at Preschool

Mykenzi's preschool held a Mother's Day Tea for all the moms last week. They spent several weeks preparing for the tea, making gifts for us, which were kept surprises, and baking. We each received beautiful handmade cards, corsages, a t-shirt with their handprints saying Mommy's Little Angel, a Marigold plant they started for us, and a painting of us that each child did on their own. I especially love my red hair that Mykenzi gave me. With our portraits there was a story included that the teacher put together from questions they interviewed each child. Here is Mykenzi's story about me:
This is a painting of my mother. Her name is Momma. She is older than me so, about 13 years old. She is about 3 feet tall. Her favorite color is red. She likes to wear pink pants. She makes me my favorite food: bacon. She calls me "sweetie and Mykenzi." While I'm at preschool she sweeps all day. We love to cook together and make cookies for Daddy. She loves me "as all the stars in the sky right back round to her heart."
**********
I just want to clarify that I do not even own any pink pants, but I still love that story. It's interesting to hear what she says, but when you ask her these same questions about me she gives completely different answers every time.

1 comment:

The Carters said...

That story is so funny! You will treasure that as she gets older!