Saturday, February 9, 2008

Working to catch on video...

Camden has learned to do a lot of new things recently, and I've been trying to catch it on video but that's very difficult since he wants to crawl up and swat at the hanging lens cap (or just take the camera from me). Since learning to clap in December (which he'll just crawl along, sit up, and start clapping for no apparent reason), Camden has also learned to give five. He's also quite the little dancer. At the sound of any sort of rhythm, not just music, he starts rocking back forth and bouncing up and down. They have a toy car that clicks and pops as it rolls, and any time Camden hears Mykenzi playing with it he starts dancing. Jonmark can even make sounds with his mouth, and Camden will start dancing. Camden is also waving bye bye now. It's not quite a wave up in the air, but when he hears you say bye bye and wave to him, he bends his fingers back and forth on both hands (only to himself, which is what most babies do because that's what they see I guess, or at least that's what Mykenzi did at first). This is really cute because sometimes (in addition to the big smile on his face over being so proud of himself) he just looks at his hands like, "hey, I didn't know they could do that." The last of the latest things he's learned (that we're proud of) is how he raises his arms up high in the air when he hears you say, "Camden's so big."

You're probably curious why I said "the latest things he's learned that we're proud of." Well that's because Camden has also found the toilet and loves to splash in water. Fortunately this only happened 3 times in one day before we all remembered to put the toilet seat down from now on. I say we, but Jonmark was at work, so this was really on Mykenzi and I, but we informed Daddy of the new rule when he came home that day, and Camden hasn't been in the toilet again since. Although he does try every chance he gets!

I wish I would have had a camera on me today when we went out to lunch. I let Camden have a lemon wedge, and he loved it! We only saw a sour face twice, but he kept working on that lemon. It was a very thin lemon wedge, so there were two on my glass, and when he finished with the first one he moved on to the second one like it was the best tasting food he'd ever eaten. When your favorite thing to eat is formula and bananas I would imagine a lemon would taste good. Yes, Camden only likes bananas. He's had all the baby food, several times over, and he's not impressed with anything except bananas (basically any baby food with bananas except the Apple Strawberry Banana). I've been thinking that maybe he just doesn't like the texture of the baby food (I don't like anything like that, pudding, yogurt, whip cream, etc.), but I've given him cut up pieces of green beans and carrots from my plate, and he didn't like those either, spit them out every time. I'm going to try some diced fruit tomorrow and see how that goes, but so far, he's not much of an eater (unless it's formula in a bottle of course).

No comments: