
It seems to have become a tradition that the kids decorate sugar cookies on Christmas Eve. This year I wanted to get as much done as quickly as possible so that I could enjoy the holiday as a family instead of running around trying to get this or that done, so very early that morning I baked the cookies. They were ready to decorate them right away too. Mykenzi was hard at work squeezing that icing out. Do you see how high in the air she's holding the tube of icing? It's like she's creating a masterpiece. She squeezes nearly one whole tube of icing (maybe not, but definitely half or most of it) on the cookie, criss-crossing her way back and forth from edge to edge. She always does this.

Camden has a totally different approach and squeezes out little dots on top of the cookie, just a few, and then he's ready to move onto the next one. You can always tell who did each cookie because she goes overboard and he barely touches them, but yet he loves to do it.

Camden also hates to be dirty in any way. He was freaking out over the icing on his hands.


The middle of our day was Christmas with the Sullivans. Here I've just found some nail polish in my stocking, and Mykenzi is asking if she can borrow the pink nail polish. Of course!

Cohen is playing with his book. He seems to be more interested in books than Camden was at this age. If I put one in front of him he'll flip through it like he knows what he's doing.

Mykenzi and Camden each got one of thoese little Santa's on bikes, and Camden took Mykenzi's so that he could drive them around. He's such a little boy! He loves all things with wheels.

Cohen is playing with his Little Superstar band, which he loves.

Camden and Sarah getting ready to play Gator Golf. He loves anything to do with balls, and enjoys golf so I foresee a little golf set in the future, maybe his birthday.

Presents are all opened, time to munch on goodies.

With so much snow still on the ground by Christmas, you have to go out and play in it on Christmas Eve. So even though the sun was setting, we bundled them up for a little playtime in the snow. They'll probably never get to do that again.

Getting Christmas jammies on means Santa is on his way and that means there is crazy excitement!

Cohen is wearing his second of 3 Christmas outfits. This was Camden's first Christmas outfit that he wore on Christmas day.

All 3 in their Christmas jammies! Yes, Camden is eating a cookie right before bedtime. No, we do not usually allow this, but Christmas is a special time. He hadn't had a nap that day so I wasn't worried about him falling asleep as soon as he brushed his teeth and his head hit the pillow.

Cohen had his eye on Camden's cookie, so he Camden decided to give him a bite, but I stopped it. If I hadn't, Cohen would have enjoyed his first cookie.


The last time we saw Moe! They really said goodbye to him that night too.
No comments:
Post a Comment