***
As usual we celebrated Thanksgiving the weekend before with my side of the family, lunch on Thanksgiving day with Jonmark's side of the family, and then for dinner we have the little Thanksgiving inspired dinner that I prepared the morning of. The first year I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner for us was 2007, and my turkey breast (keeping things small since there was only 3 of us to eat it) was actually rotten, oh man did that turkey smell. Thankfully, Food Lion was open, so Jonmark ran out and bought a chicken breast - good enough for me! Then in 2008, I completely forgot to put the pumpkin pie in the oven - oops! This time the only mishap was that my gravy never thickened so it was really thin, which really disappointed me because it's the only time I eat gravy - oh well, didn't need it anyway, right? Overall, the meal was delicious, especially the garlic mashed potatoes with the skin on - yum! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our 3 little blessings!
1 comment:
Yay...glad to see you updated the blog, but can't hound you too much because mine hasn't been updated since before Christmas. I love that first picture of Kenzi and Cam! They are growing too fast! And don't feel bad about Camden and Dora...Trenton loves watching Dora (which Brian hates because it's girly). He's finally starting to get more into Diego.
Post a Comment