Oh the things a 3 year old can do in less than 5 minutes! As
you can see below, markers aren't just for paper, or walls like
most children this age assume as they use walls to create murals
of artwork, which Mykenzi has yet to attempt, but markers are
also for painting your nails. In the time it took me to leave the family
room and go get ready for a shower, Jonmark comes in the bathroom
with Mykenzi to show me what she'd done. I'm not kidding, I'd left
the room less than 5 minutes before that while she was watching
one of her favorite shows, sitting in the middle of the floor
listening intently (or at least pretending to) to whatever new mystery
the Super Sleuths on My Friends Tigger and Pooh were trying to solve
that morning. Once I left the room, she apparently retreated to
the corner behind the easel she's supposed to use the markers on,
and painted not only her nails, but the bottoms of her feet as well!


This is apparently a new phase, which I found out later that day.
Just before we left later that morning, I went in my bathroom and
noticed that one of the rugs was out of place and crumpled up a little.
I was in a hurry, not having time to fix it because Jonmark and the kids
were waiting for me in the car, as usual, so I left it. Once we
were home I went to fix it, and realized there was a thin brown
line over a foot long on this rug that I had just washed a few days
before. So I called Mykenzi in asking her if she knew what happened,
and she smiled sheepishly at me and said, "I made a stake," which
means she made a mistake. I immediately thought she must
have accidently written on the rug and tried to move it for some
reason, but no, that wasn't all she'd done. She pulled up the rug and
showed me where she'd colored a little round circle on the floor, and
therefore had to move the rug to cover up the spot. You might be
wondering where I was during this, but Mykenzi loves our master
bathroom - she loves to take baths in my whirlpool tub (can't blame
her for that), she likes to play with my lotions and sprays, loves to
hide in the cabinet under the sink, often while we're getting ready
in there, and she runs in there a few times a day to use the bathroom
insisting that she has to use both bathrooms on the main floor each day.
Now we make sure the markers stay where they belong and supervise
closely while she's using them, but as for the bathroom, the crayons
have been put up. These weren't regular crayons, they were
bath crayons for coloring my bathtub all shades of the rainbow, so
it comes off of everything very easily, but I'm not sure about walls,
so away they went and only come out for bath time!
No comments:
Post a Comment