One evening while Jonmark was cutting grass, I let the kids play outside (as I've always done). I never really saw anything wrong with it. I mean, they look like they're having fun, right?

Kenzi and Camden were taking turns driving their truck around, and I decided to put Cohen in to see what he'd think of the ride. I love how Camden is pushing in Cohen's face here to keep him facing the camera.

He thought it was okay at first.
She's holding her hands in the air because she didn't know why Cohen didn't like it.
Here's the reason why children shouldn't play outside while the grass is being cut. I probably shouldn't have needed this to happen to realize that. I mean, we don't let them go outside while he's weedeating around the yard, so why should it be any different with the lawn mower? While I was in the kitchen cleaning up, I heard this loud explosion of glass, and my first thought was someone was shooting again (one of the joys of living in the woods). I ran outside to make the kids come inside after I realized that something had it broken Camden's bedroom window, and I flagged Jonmark down to see if he heard it and where it might have come from. He had no idea he'd thrown a rock. That's Camden's toy box in front of the window, with the rock that flew in sitting in the left of the picture. That's not where it landed when it flew in though. It hit the grid (bent that) and dropped down in the window sill. Glass was all over the place though, so while they could have been hit in the head with this flying rock (a mini boulder), I'm also glad they weren't in the house playing in his room because of all that glass flying. 
No comments:
Post a Comment