Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mykenzi's Birthday - Kings Dominion

I know I am so behind on these pictures since Mykenzi's birthday was 1 month ago today (not sure what date this thing will say I posted since I saved this draft not too long ago, but I'm actually posting this on 7/19). Here's the reason I'm late though: I got the funniest video of Mykenzi on the bumper cars at KD, and we watch it over and over just cracking up laughing at her, all 3 of us, and whomever else is around to watch, staring at the little display on our video camera. I wanted so badly to post that video for you to enjoy, but when I went to upload it a few weeks ago I couldn't find a cable that I needed, and I still can't find it. I've been putting off updating this post until I could maybe find it, but I just haven't found it any where (I hope I didn't go on a mad cleaning spree and accidentally toss it). That's the main reason, the other reason is I'm starting to have sessions more often now, and my time at the computer is spent proofing these sessions, as well as updating my photography blog and website, answering emails, and visiting my favorite blogs and sites. I do take pictures of the kids though, and will be posting the rest of Mykenzi's birthday and other pictures very soon! (I promise it won't be another month!)



You might not be able to see them, but they are there. And yes, I know my pictures this day were not the best because I had my old Kodak point and shoot out in auto mode, and I just wanted to document the day when I could and enjoy the day the rest of the time, so no need for technically correct photos (at least that's my opinion). Plus, there is no way Jonmark would let me lug my big camera to KD! I used to take it with us when we went places like this or on vacation, and on the last vacation, which was when I started practicing with sessions on other people, Jonmark advised that I leave my camera at home and take the old one, and he's right.


You might not be able to see my little man here, but he's there; if you look closely you can see fair skin and blonde hair just past Mykenzi. She loved taking him on the rides, and he loved going for rides (again, most of this was caught on video because I have felt for some time now that I photograph more than I video, and I want to record the sounds of their sweet voices and laughter, just as much as their cute little faces and all that they do, so I opted for videos on this trip). Mykenzi just loved driving these trucks and cars around, but then she loved every single ride there. Jonmark managed to sneak her on the Scooby Doo, although he didn't realize she wasn't supposed to ride that until they were in line and it was too late, so he decided to see if they could get away with it. They did, and she absolutely loved it more than anything else there of course (actually I think it might be a tie between that and the bumper cars, which she rode 4 or 5 times). Then when I tried to take her on it, thinking the people running the ride at this time just don't care, I got caught! I felt so bad for her because she really wanted to ride it again! I also rode the Scrambler with her, and at first we were both just laughing hysterically, and then half way through the ride I realized I'm 26 years old, almost 27, and my body is way older than that or something because I was ready to get off. As the ride was coming to stop, she exclaimed, "I want to go on this ride again!" My reply, "that'll be your father's turn, I'm done." I also took her on the Log Flume, which was loads of fun! Going down the last and tallest hill, I put my arms over her because I was afraid her little skinny self would fly right out of the log, and we did purchase that picture. Once we came down the bottom of the hill, Daddy surprised us by squirting us as much as possible. I saw those there before we got on and made a mental note that Jonmark would love to do that to us, but in all the fun and laughter of coming down that last hill with her I completely forgot to duck and cover her, which didn't matter because it cooled us for quite a while afterwards so we thanked him. Jonmark took her on several rides while I pushed Camden around, who, and God bless him for this, passed right out in the stroller like he was at home and not outside in a busy amusement park. We have been truly blessed with him because that baby can sleep any where any time, no warning, he'll just close his eyes and go to sleep (that's not saying he doesn't ever cry when he's tired, but you'd be amazed at how many times he just makes the decision that it's time to sleep and he goes out just like that).
Mykenzi, who has been a little dare devil for as long as we can remember, probably before walking, would watch the big rollercoasters in amazement, shouting and laughing, and said she would ride them all (I wonder if we stood in line if she really would get on, but she's many, many inches away from that), but when she watched the Drop Zone (I believe that's what it's called) where those crazy people ride up to the top of this tall pole and fly down as if falling from the sky, she said no way to that one.


On the way home and starving, we stopped at Wendy's, and here she's fallen asleep with the container of chicken of nuggets in one hand and a half eaten chicken nugget in the other. So sweet! She really wore herself out there, and I can tell you, she's anxiously waiting to go back, which we're planning to do once this heat wave is over (or we at least get a break from it)!

No comments: