Today was Mykenzi's first day of preschool. This morning
she ate breakfast, put on her backpack, and was very excited
and ready to go. When we first arrived and sat through
Jesus Time, she seemed a little uncertain about what was
happening, but once we moved into the classroom and she sat
down on the floor with the other boys and girls, I slipped out
the room and I'm not sure that she even noticed. When I picked
her up I was surprised to find that I have my first piece of school
artwork to save, a piece of black construction paper with her
handprint in white paint (a wolf she tells me) and 2 yellow stickers
on the hand that she says are the wolf's eyes. Mykenzi excitedly
told us about all the things they did this morning: read a book (about
a wolf she says), played with sand, played with play-do, painted, and
had a snack, Cheez-Its with water and berry juice. Mykenzi is
looking forward to going back to preschool on Monday,
so today was definitely a success.
uncertain about things at this point, choosing to sit facing
us instead of the preacher who was welcoming the children
and singing songs with them. She sat like that for the entire
10-15 minutes looking at us with her fingers in her mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment